Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, Migration Policy Centre
Length of contract:
Full-time, starting as soon as possible for one year. The contract can be further renewed several times up to a total of 5 years (including the first contract period).
Title of the project:
- MEDAM – Mercator Dialogue on Asylum and Migration
The projects’ approach is in economics and it covers all stages of the migration process, including the wellbeing of migrants themselves, those left behind in migrants’ countries of origin, migrants’ integration in their countries of destination, and international cooperation in the provision of asylum and employment opportunities.
The Research Fellow, in addition to high-quality peer review publishable research output, is expected to make contributions to the annual Assessment Report, policy briefings, workshops, etc.
- Ph.D. in economics with a focus on migration or a closely related field (e.g. quantitative social sciences or econometrics),
- Publication in the field of assimilation of migrants and development,
- Strong academic and analytical profile, ability to take initiative, drive issues forward and an interest in developing research that helps to solve real-world problems,
- Have already demonstrated a strong academic potential and an interest in influencing policy at either European or national level,
- Thrive communicating ideas both at academic conferences and in policy workshops.
- Fluent English is required, other languages are an asset.
- 30 November 2016
Application procedure: Fill in the online application form and upload documents as requested. Only applications submitted through the online application form will be accepted..