Refugee Action is looking for a Project Coordinator in London.
Project Coordinator – Elevate Project
Part time – 17.5 hours per week
£29,134 per annum pro rata inclusive of Inner London Weighting
The Elevate Project will help people with refugee status to develop their employability skills and to gain employment. This holistic, personalised service will ‘elevate’ refugees’ employment prospects, giving hope, aspirations and access to the labour market, thereby reducing the complex barriers that they face. It is a partnership project led by Groundwork London (GL) with the Centre of Innovation and Partnerships (CIPS) and Refugee Action (RA). Groundwork London will focus on the employability aspect.
The role of Refugee Action in the Elevate Project is to:
1. Provide ‘wrap around’ support to clients to facilitate their integration including advice on housing, immigration, family reunion, welfare benefits, health and legal issues.
2. Engage with local community-based organisations to refer eligible people to this service.
You will coordinate the Elevate Project and establish effective working relationships with the project partners and key external stakeholders. You will carry out thorough client need assessments and deliver wrap around casework and integration support.
You will have:
• Insight into the needs, experiences and hopes of refugees in London;
• Experience and understanding of cultural diversity and the ability to work with people from a range of different cultures;
• Detailed knowledge of the housing and support entitlements of recognised refugees and their families as well as the obstacles they may face;
• One year’s experience of providing advice to refugees to facilitate their integration;
• Ability to build positive working relations with community organisations to build their receptiveness to incorporate integration support into their services;
• Experience of recruiting, training, supervising and motivating volunteers in an advice capacity and managing volunteers remotely;
• Ability to work remotely in an outreach community organisation on own initiative.
For further details, and to apply, please click the ‘download application’ button.
Closing Date: 09:00am, Tuesday 31st January 2017
Interviews: Wednesday 15th February 2017
Closing date: 31 January 2017 at 9:00 am
This post is offered on a part time basis (17.5 hours per week).